Marketing is always about connecting with your audience in the right place at the right time. In this time of digital transformation, we aim to shed some light on the different facets of digital marketing that will help one to elevate their business on the growth curve, broadening their vision and empowering their expansion plans. Digital Marketing is the first step towards the progressive future, especially in the online-generation era.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing is the latest marketing idea to do business. They can get all the information through the internet and can do business staying at home safely. They can reach more customers than traditional marketing methods. Small businesses must get customers through online, they can depend on an advertisement, print Ads and coupon mailers. Business must reach the customers in a better easy way. Small businesses can get a huge marketplace through online, desk computers, mobile phones and other digital media platforms to promote products & services.
Digital Marketing is a word that covers advertising through Web channels such as Search engines ( Google, Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, AOL, Etc…) and Social Media Channels ( Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc….)
Types of Digital Marketing:
Here we are going to discuss the factors that are included in digital marketing and the importance of those factors in detail.
The main important types of digital marketing are:
- SEO: Search Engine Optimization
- SEM: Search Engine Marketing
- SMM: Social Media Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Viral Marketing
What is SEO?
SEO stands for search engine optimization. SEO is the process of improving traffic of a domain from organic search or unpaid traffic to a web page or website in search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing… etc. Also known as search Natural Listings.
SEO again divided into two factors On-Page SEO & Off-Page SEO. Both are particularly important to improve organic traffic and to defeat the competition & succeed in the SEO Campaign. But they are completely different sides.
On-Page SEO: On-Page SEO refers to what our site or a web page is about and Practicing optimization of every individual page of the website to get more traffic in organic results in SERPs.
OFF-Page SEO: OFF-Page SEO is also referred to as offsite SEO. Off page SEO mainly focuses on improving DA and PA of the domain that acts as a backlink from other sites, and it refers to what others are thinking about the domain.
Benefits of SEO:
- SEO builds trust and credibility: People trust Google. They use it every day to find what they are looking for. By being ranked high on search engines, your business will develop trust and credibility with your potential audience.
- SEO makes your customers more informed: Your customers are using search engines to research. They use their findings to help them make informed decisions on available options. Top SEO rankings permit you to teach potential customers. This ultimately builds trust, but most significantly aids them make an informed evaluation or decision.
- SEO influences purchasing decisions: Well, SEO significantly does this. This is due to the developed trust and credibility stated in our previous points. Utilize SEO to augment your conversions by significantly influencing the purchasing decisions of those on the web.
- SEO can increase your website referrals: One of the advantages of SEO is that it will enhance and take your website referrals towards growth. You will acquire more website enquiries from search engines. Moreover, your website visitors are most likely to refer your website to their family & friends. A robust SEO presence will get you referrals, factually and figuratively.
SEM (SEARCH ENGINE MARKETING):
SEM is the process of improving traffic to your site or web page through paid marketing or paid online advertising.
SEM is also known as Paid Advertising. SEM involves promotions of a web page in search engines visibility through paid marketing. SEM covers both SEO and Paid Search or PPC (Pay Per Click).
When it comes to Digital Marketing, if we are just starting out, there’s always a question about PPC vs SEO. Which one to choose. We have explained in detail in our previous article. For more information about SEO vs PPC visit here.
Benefits of Search Engine Marketing:
- Reach Your Clients Instantly: Search Engine Marketing is utilized to illustrate Google paid search ads. This method is often utilized as a short-term strategy to bring-in quick prominence & add that visibility factor to your products or services. Compared to Search Engine Optimization – SEO, paid search ads can give you quick results as they allow you to reach your target customers quasi instantly.
- Increase Brand Awareness: Google Search Ads allow advertisers to expose their brand name either in the ad’s headlines, description, display URL or extension links. Therefore, these paid search ads add to the top-level brand awareness, especially because they often showcase ‘surface appearance’ on top of Google search results.
- Create Geo-Targeted Search Ads: SEM provides you the option to aim at people on the basis of their location. You can build ads in diverse languages and decide which location you want them to appear; you can specifically mention the country, the city and as well a region anywhere in the world.
- Pay Only Per Action: Once your paid search ads are created, your ads will appear for free and you will only pay when someone acts – meaning, clicks on your ad. Thus, you can attain exposure that’s ‘free’ and brand awareness on search engines and get priced only when someone clicks on your ad i.e. visits your landing page.
SMM in its fullest form is Social Media Marketing. SMM is the use of social media networks or social media platform websites to improve traffic or to promote products and services.
Why is SMM important?
SMM boosts brand awareness using social media sites. Through SMM we can introduce new products and services, or brandings and it helps in engaging customers through social media channels.
Same as SEO, SMM brings new customers and unique visitors to the focused website through social media network websites.
Choosing the right B2C social media marketing channels is important. It may help you increase brand awareness, acquire new customers, and drive conversions. Here we are suggesting 7 best B2C Social Media Channels.
Benefits of Social Media Marketing:
- Customer insights: A tremendous amount of customer data is generated by all active users on social media today. Through social listening and engaging with your followers, you can learn more about who your customers are, where they like to spend their time, what interests them, and what they think about your brand, your competitors and your industry. This can, in turn, help you engage them more effectively with your content, advertising and messaging.
- Brand loyalty: Social media gives brands an unparalleled opportunity to join in conversations and engage with their customers. When executed properly and consistently, these interactions pave the way for brand loyalty. While it still takes time to earn customer loyalty, social media engagement can help businesses build that trust more quickly.
- Lead generation and sales: Social media can be an incredibly effective tool for generating leads and moving them through the buying cycle. By combining organic tactics with paid ones, social media marketers can expand their reach and attract more leads. B2B sales teams can then use social listening and other social media research to convert those leads into sales.
- Multichannel campaigns: Buyers today move quickly between channels – from website to social to email back to social again. While social media is impactful on its own, it is made more powerful by becoming an integrated part of your marketing initiatives and strategy. Social media messages support and reinforce your message on other channels and provide you with another opportunity to reach your audience where they are, no matter where that might be.
Content Marketing is an idea of creating and publishing the content to attract and retain visitors by providing relevant and valuable information. Content is essential in digital marketing to improve rankings and lead conversions because content allows us to join with our visitors. By giving fresh and needed information to the customers or visitors what they are looking for it tends to make their opinion to purchase the product or service.
Content Marketing benefits:
We all know content marketing drives traffic, but it has a few more surprising benefits that help you build a business. Here are some
- Content Marketing helps businesses or organizations in conversion rate. Good content and attractive content drive more conversions to the targeting website.
- It develops persisting connections and long-term relations with the clients and with the targeting audience.
- Content Marketing helps in building trust and brand awareness with the audience.
- Good Content and relevant information help targeting the audience to understand more about the products and services and also it will help to educate the audience.
- SEO Friendly content helps us to rank higher in SERPS.
Affiliated marketing is a performance-based marketing. If some drives lead or sale will pay him. Will pay him on cost per acquisition, acquisition is a lead or sale whatever it is.
3 parts are involved In Affiliate Marketing
- Merchant (Manufacturer or Seller of a product or service)
- Affiliated Network (Advertiser)
- Affiliate (Customer)
When Someone purchases a product through your special affiliate back link you will be getting a commission. That’s how you make money through affiliate marketing.
All of us who are into online marketing have surely heard of affiliate marketing. Here are the common types of Affiliate Marketing channels.
- Search Affiliates: These affiliates generally utilize pay per click search engines to promote the advertisers’ offers.
- Bloggers: They excel at increasing a seller’s conversions. The blogger tests the product or service and then writes a complete review that promotes the brand in a fascinating manner, driving traffic back to the seller’s website.
- Review Sites: Creating review sites is essential by deciding on the niche to be focused on, registering domain name, choosing a webhost & creating the layout for the blog.
- Coupon Sites: These sites make money by working with advertisers and brands and driving traffic to their websites.
- Webmasters: Here, webmasters will obtain a referral fee or incentive from conversions when a customer has clicked the affiliate link and executes the desired action, for instance making a purchase or opting for downloads / newsletters on the advertiser’s website.
Affiliate Marketing Benefits:
- Time saving on marketing: Marketing is one of the most important aspects of your business, yet it can be a lengthy process. If you don’t hold a large team to handle this for you, it can take you far from the procedure of business development & more. By placing marketing in the hands of affiliates frees up a part of your time, permitting you to focus on additional things.
- Creates valuable partnerships: When you work with affiliates, you are broadening your connections. This allows you to reach out to industry leaders and build relationships with influencers. If you are prepared to give them some time to build trust, they will repay it tenfold by giving exposure to your products and brand.
- Costs established upfront: Unlike some forms of pay-per-click advertising, when you are never quite sure how much each lead will cost you depending on the environment, you set your costs upfront. For each product you decide a commission rate, ensuring you know exactly how much each sale will cost you before it is made.
- Leveraging different skill sets: Being able to access such a large pool of affiliates increases the skill set available. This in turn raises the chances of further sales of your products, as each seller uses their own skills to attract a different audience.
Email Marketing is a process of sending a personalized message or text through mail to improve relationships with the targeting audience or customers or Clients.
Email Marketing is one of the most popular marketing strategies in digital marketing.
Benefits of Email Marketing:
Easy to Use: Setting-up an email campaign is relatively easy. There are several email marketing resources and software companies online that help you to upload subscribers’ information, section your lists, utilize email templates, fill-up your content, and share emails to subscribers on a day-to-day basis.
Heighten Brand Awareness & Capture Audiences’ Mind: Each time an email is shipped to consumers, awareness of your company, products and services is reinforced. This helps to stay your company’s name top of mind when it comes time to creating a sale.
Low Cost & Good ROI: Compared to other marketing channels, email marketing costs truly little. For every $1 spent, $44.25 is that the average return on email marketing investment.
Segmentation: With email marketing, lists of every market segment supported demographics, interest, past behavior, etc. can be created, enabling you to craft a marketing message that speaks on to each audience. This is a top-effective marketing tactic that aids your marketing message vibrate effectively with each segment.
Strengthen Relationships, Loyalty & Trust: Email marketing may be a good way to create one-on-one relationships with current and potential customers. By creating well-written and interesting newsletters and emails, readers get to understand, like, and trust you and your company. And, when consumers buy from companies, they trust.
Viral marketing is a business tactic that utilizes existing social media networks to promote a product or service. It basically refers to a style of promotion that relies on an audience to generate the message of a product or service.
Marketing is believed to be “viral” when it gets to the point where it’s being shared by large size of public rather than merely its potential target audience. If achieved, your message will be in nearly everyone’s social media feed.
Benefits of Viral Marketing:
Low cost: What symbolizes viral campaigns is that the users carry out a vital part of the work for the brand, which hugely reduces the costs of distribution. It is no mandatory to purchase Ad or media space.
Potential of vast reach: A viral video on the cyberspace or net can reach a massive international audience without having the need to invest tons of money or making any additional effort. As a result, a start-up organization or even a private individual can go tremendously viral.
It is not invasive: In viral marketing, the decision to participate and share content is primely taken by social media. This lessens the likelihood of the brand coming across as aggressive. This way, the opinion of the brand and the interaction are imperatively better, compared to more classical practices of advertising.
It supports to build up your brand: In terms of creativity, if we actually hit the bulls-eye, we are producing content so amazing that users themselves choose to share it and, thereby build a personal association with your brand. It is without a doubt an immensely powerful tool when considering branding and awareness.
What is the role of digital marketing?
Marketing has always been about building a connection with your audience in the right place and at the right time. Today, that means you require to know and meet them where they are already expending time: on the internet/cyberspace. The role of digital marketing is essential for business growth in today’s day and age. The part of digital marketing is uncomplicated: help your business spend your marketing budget more effectively, obtain more valuable leads, and gain a higher return on investment (ROI) for your business.
Are you taking advantage of the Internet and advertising your business through online strategies? If not, you should, as having a Digital Marketing Strategy in your business module lets you be a dynamic part of incredibly unavoidable and similarly lucrative online marketing framework. Digital Marketing and advertising are more adaptable, swift, measurable and result driven. Digital Marketing provides a reasonable chance to all types of businesses that desire to go with online branding & advertising.
Why go for digital marketing?
It may turn out to be as no wonder that the marketplace has become progressively more digital as technology continues to advance. The advantages of digital marketing are developing to be more predominant every day. Day by day, several consumers are exploring and making product purchases online. So how do you reach these consumers? Here’s the answer: digital marketing.
Increasingly, small businesses are employing digital marketing maneuvers to impactfully reach and engage with their potential target consumers, virtually. While traditional marketing strategies as well often arrive with numerous hidden expenses, the only price towards digital marketing is time. Content marketing, social media engagement & SEO take time to display their magic. However, there are still some digital marketing plans like pay-per-click (PPC), social media and display advertising that can generate quicker results. Think about how regularly you opt to Google or another search engine to search for the information you require. Your customers are no different when they initiate to research the commodities or services that can aid them solve their leading problems.
What does a digital marketer do?
Because the world of digital marketing transforms so rapidly, it’s difficult to define precisely what digital marketers do daily. So instead of guiding you through a schedule or timeline of what they could do – apart from eyeing on emails, managing campaigns, and keeping close tabs on clients and their accounts – let’s present to you the effective common practices within this industry. Proficient digital marketers require to own a packaged skill set and complete understanding of how their niche market behaves, which channels are most operative, and how to decipher digital metrics that give constructive insights into how to customize marketing efforts.
Irrespective of the center of their work, any digital marketing specialist requires to be able to:
- Understand the opportunities exhibited by diverse channels and devices
- Sustain a competitive edge by continuing to remain updated with constant-evolving trends, tools and behaviors
- Know how to decipher “big data” strategically and capitalize on insights
- Measure why consumers utilize diverse channels and devices and for what objective
- Manage active customer relationships to build meaningful interactions
Does digital marketing work for all businesses?
Digital marketing can function well for any business in any industry. Despite of what your company is selling, digital marketing still comprises generating-out buyer personas to recognize your audience’s requirements and building valuable online content. Digital Marketing can be utilized to help all kinds of businesses grow—from mom-and-pop shops to internationally recognized universities and beyond. That’s the beauty of advertising online.
If you are aware who you want to target, you can utilize digital marketing to aim for anyone, anywhere. Of course, the right blend of digital marketing tactics will vary from industry-to-industry and business-to-business, but simply comparing B2C to B2B should help give you a sense for how different strategies can be better for certain businesses. Not every strategy is right for every business, but with a little trial and error, you should be able to identify the most profitable approach for your company.
To make digital marketing work for your business, you must create a strategy that is unique to your business’s needs. Internet marketing is not one-size-fits-all. You could use a few or all the tools combined for your digital marketing campaign depending on your business category, your preferred audience, business objectives, and your business size.
Do I require a big budget for digital marketing?
Ever wondered on how you can best allocate your digital marketing budget to achieve ROI and impact? Average marketing spend has been rising progressively, aligned with the expansion of digital marketing. Before organizing your media-mix and deciding channels, you must be sure about the goals you want to reach with your digital marketing actions. Prior planning any activity, it is important to be transparent about your communication goals. Assessing the relevancy of the single disciplines for your goals and aims is highly recommended. In most cases it would have been better to concentrate to those channels and disciplines which are most promising and relevant for your industry and product.
When it comes to budgeting for Digital Marketing, it isn’t necessary to allot a big lot this category. Deciding which channels to capitalize your digital marketing budget in should be approached with a solid plan & strategy. It is not necessary to invest in all digital marketing channels. It is suitable to choose the channels sensitively based on your goals. Based on the array of opportunities and ROI that influencer marketing offers, marketing managers would be inattentive to not incorporate an influencer marketing strategy into their extensive digital marketing mix.
What is the importance of digital marketing?
One of the most imperative purposes as to why digital marketing is taking over the traditional marketing channels is due to the internet which has empowered organizations to intermingle with potential target audiences in real time. Customers have grown accustomed to participating and interacting with one’s brand or business. Another equally important reason is its affordability. Digital marketing is substantially more reasonable in comparison to conventional marketing channels. An email or social media campaign can send your message to a wider audience for a fraction of the price of a TV advertisement for example.
Benefits of Digital Marketing
- Digital Marketing makes a direct communication path possible between your business and your consumer, facilitating you to formulate your own audience of trustworthy fans.
- Digital marketing multiplies brand awareness and helps you reach your target customers, providing better ROI.
- Digital marketing can save you a lot of money.
- With digital marketing, you can stay assured that the right/targeted consumers are viewing your content. Using SEO (Search Engine
- Optimization) permits you to reach those consumers who are looking-through the web for content and topics that are relatable to your business.
- Digital marketing enables real-time customer service.
- Digital marketing provides important measurement and evaluation of consumer behavior and interaction.