For any website to make it big in the online world, attention to every small step matters, especially when it comes to SEO capabilities. Since a site’s inception, we nurse and raise it with right amount of visual placements, feed adequate portions of content, develop their navigational proficiency and groom it to grow with competent skill-sets that has the potential to break the barriers and achieve a rank that’s worth all the efforts we’ve undertaken in nurturing a maverick site.
Today, SEO-compatible sites get a bigger coverage when compared to the ones who maintain a low profile in the SEO arena. SEO is a maze and one should know how to decode it the perfect way to ace the game of rankings. Amongst its many facets, on page SEO factors demand attention.
What exactly is on page SEO?
On page SEO is nothing but polishing of myriad elements of your website namely keywords and page speed. To put in simple words, it’s optimizing your website to an extent that it becomes valuable to the users or readers who visit your website. It’s totally under your control and you should make sure all the necessary keywords are included for the best results.
What makes on page SEO vital?
On page SEO can generate good traffic for your site which in turn gets you higher ranking. Hence, on page SEO is imperative to your site’s progressive health. It might take a bit longer to establish your presence, but it’s certainly worth an attempt.
Here’s a list of on page SEO factors that one should focus on while moving towards being an SEO-Friendly site.
- Title tag: As the name goes, title tag is your identity on the search engines. When the crawler looks at your title tag, it’s very important that specific keywords are used so that the user understands the company’s business.
- Content: Content is the heart of your website, as it becomes one the key reasons to drive the reader to your website. So, on page content must be rich in key words that are used commonly by people to look for services that your company provides.
- URL: URL is the mother of your website; it must be given top priority. When the user reads the URL, it should be tidy and not tangled with random numbers. Clean URLs have better recall value as it helps the user to retype and access your website easily with the name.
- Images: Using images on your site helps to break the content clutter and attracts people’s attention. You can elaborate on your website’s statistical data in an infographic manner as it engages people in a better way. While you add images, you also have to consider the file size, as the lesser the image size, the better the page speed of your website.
- Keywords: When you talk about contact us, you should have content that connects to this topic of the page. For example, it should have an address, contact details, or map etc. and not information on how better we communicate and about the team, etc. Relevant keywords on each page will help to escalate on the raking scale. Also, have a thorough research on words that people input in the search engine while looking for a product or service. This would aid in making your website powerful.
- Heading tags: When you are given a page full of content to read without any breaks in between, you already lose interest in reading further. It’s very essential to have heading tags as break ups in your content page. It will not only help in giving break to people, but also take them to relevant sections with proper dividers. It is also advantageous on the search engine seo level.
- Mobile-friendly: These days, everyone is glued to their mobiles and surf websites, read news, shop online and bank online as well, thereby, making your website mobile-friendly is important. Today, many of the leads and traffic are generated by mobile users. A responsive site is your way to mount the ladder to get higher SEO points.
- Internal linking: When a user is on your website, you have an opportunity to keep them engaged through internal linking. When they are reading about one topic and you give internal links for them to explore content on the other page of your website, the scope of them being on your site increases. Having a couple of internal links on every page will fetch your website optimum results.
- Meta description: A power packed meta description will ensure you get better visibility. Here, the key is to add appropriate information in an interesting manner. This description will decide whether the user will visit your website or not, so nail it!
- Page speed: Last, but not the least, page speed is yet another important element you need to focus on. The quicker the website gets loaded; the more are the chances of higher rank on the search engine.
On page SEO is your canvas of opportunities, to grow your audience, expand your digital footprint and get you a rank that’s one the 1st page of the search engine. Buckle up and get going; on page SEO is your gateway to glory.